As an introvert and entrepreneur whose on a mission to help as many people as I possibly can through my personal life as well as my business, there are days when I feel overwhelmed, inadequate, depressed, annoyed and the list goes on.
I often encounter negative thoughts and questions such as, ” I am good enough? Will anyone even listen to me? Am I educated enough to speak on this subject? What if people laugh at me? Will this work for me? Will I ever become successful based on my definition of success?”
And for some reason, after the floodgates of negative thoughts fill my mind, a calm voice would say to me, ” think positive! ”
I then chastise myself and say things like, “Why am I thinking negative? You are a person that believes in paying minimal attention to the problem, and putting all your energy and efforts into finding the solutions to each problem that arises. If that’s truly the case, why not work on solving the problem? What are your goals? Why do you want to be successful? What should my next step be?”
Or, sometimes I would try to battle those negative thoughts with positive affirmations that go like this: “Kizzy, you’re special, and you are amazingly awesome! There’s a purpose to your life. Remember, you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. And you should Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path. Where is your faith?”
Or, to take it even further, Kizzy, you are good enough. 1 million people may not listen or care about what you have to say, but all you need is 1. Why? Because you never know if you can truly be an inspiration to that 1 person.
Oh, and who cares if someone laughs? The only real validation I need is from God, and my mom, too! Ha! So the judgment of others shouldn’t bother me!
Friends, you might be thinking I am crazy for having these weird conversations in my head, but trust me, I am not. hehe. I’m human, and I don’t think I am the only person that goes through this on a day to day basis.
As an aspiring entrepreneur, I have days of pure excitement and amazing thoughts and days that are full of fear and doubt.
But as I go through this journey day by day. I’ve realised that if I must be successful,
1. I need to be brave.
2. I need to learn to ignore fear and self-doubt. Why? Well, because fear and self-doubt are both pieces of sh*t, and they’re worthless!
3. I need to be and think positive as much as possible.
4. I need always be thankful and show gratitude for everything.
5. I need to stop procrastinating.
6. I need to stay focus.
7. I need to surround myself with family and friends that are will be an inspiration and an uplifting influence in my life.
8. I need to put aside my insecurities and just do the work to the best of my abilities.
9. I need to step out of my comfort zone!
10. Never compare myself to anyone because another person’s struggles and success is and will always be different from mine.
11. I need to exercise my faith and put ALL my trust in God.
12. Remember God’s got my back!
Talk about things I need to learn and master, huh? SMH.
Anyway, my lovelies. I just thought I’d share some of my feeling with you today, along with one take away from this post.
If you are suffering from self-doubt, fear and insecurities, though it might be difficult at times, I suggest you give it your all and just let go of them all!
Those 3 are debilitating, worthless, good energy suckers and EP (Enemy of Progress!)
Success is attainable to any and everyone and it doesn’t matter what you’re striving for. As the famous saying goes, “the sky is the limit!”
Go after your dreams…